Friday 5 November 2010

Melville Castle weddings, fairs and weddings

Well as usual I’m dropping behind on my blogging lol. We’re right in the middle of wedding fair season so together with photographing weddings and working on album designs things are pretty busy, which I like :) So that’s my excuse regarding the blog anyway!

The day after Zena and Scott’s wedding I was at Melville Castle’s wedding fair, followed by Ravelston House Hotel and Debenhams the week after. And then it’s the big one for Edinburgh at the Corn Exchange this Saturday and Sunday. As Debenhams and Ravelston House were on the same afternoon Diane and myself split up and she did Debenhams while I went to Ravelston House. Both of these were slightly smaller than Melville Castle’s and therefore not quite as busy.

I have to say a big thank you to everyone who came to see me at Melville Castle. Both old friends and new. I’m the only Edinburgh wedding photographer who is allowed to have display albums permanently out at Melville Castle so many couples who have visited Melville Castle looking for a wedding venue have had a good look through them and then seek me out for a chat about their own wedding photography. I was thrilled that so many had come through to the wedding fair especially to see me! I was right in the back corner of the pavilion this time, next to Robert McLaughlin. Along with myself Robert is also Melville Castle’s recommended photographer as based through in Glasgow he does a lot of work for their sister hotels, Airth Castle and Glenbervie. Despite being in the far corner I had plenty of new visitors coming over and chatting too and it really was a great afternoon!

It was nice to meet again with a number of couples who have already booked me for their wedding at Melville Castle and had come along to the wedding fair for another look around of their venue and make bookings with some of the other suppliers. One of these was Jenna who’s wedding is tomorrow at Melville Castle, so I’m looking forward to that very much! Many visitors were also wanting to hear all about how well Zena’s wedding had gone the day before, too and I will be sure to pass on to her all your kind comments and interest. I must also say thank you to Gillian and Paul, Karen and Norman and Lisa and Richard for booking me on the day too.

The two photographs posted here I used as display prints at the wedding fair. One is actually used by Melville Castle for the front cover of their brochure and you may also have noticed on the large banner advertising the wedding fair. I’ve done an infrared black and white conversion to the original colour version which I think gives it a bit extra impact. The other image is one that has now become my most requested Melville Castle wedding photograph after I first did this shot at Liz and Bruce’s wedding three years ago. Because it is so timeless it’s the kind of photograph that will never become dated. And yes, Jenna and Michael want this shot tomorrow too, lol.

If you are planning on coming along to the Corn Exchange at the weekend Diane will be on our stand Saturday and then we’ll both there on the Sunday. I’m not the only Edinburgh wedding photographer exhibiting so you’ll get chance to compare albums and wedding books against other wedding photographers and decide which of us you’d like to entrust with the photography of your un-repeatable day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment