Wednesday 18 January 2012

Some magazine articles

Well I had a lovely time on Sunday at the Malmaison wedding fair. A really nice mix of visitors from couples due to get married in only a couple of months time to newly engaged couples just beginning to collate information and idea’s. As anticipated my Bellissimo wedding album generated great interest and it looks like I’m going to be designing quite a number throughout 2012. There were only two wedding photographers in Edinburgh invited along (this was an invitation only event, not one where exhibitor spaces are sold) and the other Edinburgh wedding photographer was carrying a different album range so it was nice for couples to be able to compare the differences.

The weddings for this year won’t really kick off for me until April and I’m really looking forward to it. I have some fantastic couples and weddings lined up this year and can’t wait to get going! In the meantime I try to fit in as many portrait sessions as I can up until the end of March as well as some commercial and magazine work. I don’t do as much magazine work as I once used to as I started cutting it back a little a few years ago so I could cover more weddings but there are a few publications that keep asking for me so I try and cover these during the winter months when there are less weddings around. Just for a change on this weeks blog I’m popping a couple of articles up so you can see some of things I do. It can be quite varied and much of it requires me to do some writing to accompany the articles, but it’s interesting and it’s always nice to see your work in print. I’ve scanned two recent articles so I hope the lower resolution of computer monitors allows the text to be readable, if not just enjoy the the photos, lol.




If you click on the pictures it should open up as a larger version should you wish to read the text.

0 comments:

Post a Comment