Monday 13 August 2012

Napier University Weddings - Laura and Bruce

Well lots going on right now as we are right in the heart of the busiest period of the wedding season. You can keep up to date with my weddings and photo shoots by following my facebook page if you like (blatant plug thrown in there as I’ve just noticed I’m close to reaching 1000 likes, lol). The photos today as you can see are from Laura and Bruce’s wedding at Craighouse which I’ll tell you about in just a second (remember you can click on any photo spread to open up the gallery viewer where you can see the pictures much better at a larger size) but firstly let me bring you up-to-date with some news.
Many folks have asked me about Melville Castle and if it’s correct they are going to be doing weddings again. Well most definitely! Melville Castle weddings kick off on September 15th with their first wedding of the year since coming under new management. I’ll blog some photos from the wedding naturally so keep an eye on my blog and face book page for them in due course.
Melville Castle wedding fairs are up and running again, too with the first being held on Sunday, September 23rd from 12 noon until 4pm. So if you are currently planning a wedding I’m sure you’ll enjoy it and pick up plenty of idea’s and info from the hand picked wedding companies who have been invited to attend. I will have plenty of wedding albums for you to look at both from Melville Castle weddings and other venues as well.
Speaking of wedding fairs, after a lot of deliberation I have decided to adopt a change of policy regarding exhibiting at wedding fairs and shows and will now only be exhibiting at wedding fairs where the wedding suppliers and companies are by invitation only. I feel wedding fairs that feature only hand picked exhibitors better reflect my stance as a proponent of quality over quantity. Keep an eye on my news page on my website for details.
I have also been doing some commercial and editorial work recently and if you keep an eye on the likes of OK Magazine you’ll spot some of this. Photo shoots for a few wedding venues have ensured I’m super busy between weddings, too. And I have also been asked to exhibit at the Love Pets Show at the Royal Highland Centre weekend of September 1st and 2nd following the success of some of my pet photo shoots. Oh, and I even picked up a Highly Commended Award for a landscape photograph from the Photographic Societies! Yay!
Okay that’s enough for now, lets tell you about Laura and Bruce’s wedding.
I had a great Engagement Shoot on Calton Hill with Laura and Bruce about a month before their wedding. Very relaxed, enjoyable and a set of excellent pictures. I am probably the closest wedding photographer in Edinburgh to Calton Hillso so it is a location I am very familiar with and enjoy using frequently. Bruce and Laura picked their favourite photo from the bunch I took which I then had printed and mounted into a beautiful wedding signature mount which went on display on the wedding day for the guests to sign and leave comments on. Laura also ended up ordering about 300 additional photographs from the shoot and Bruce’s mother likewise (very small exaggeration)!
I started the wedding day at the family home where Laura, bridesmaids, family and parents were getting ready. A lovely mix of detail shots, bridal portraits and some group photos in the garden. My personal favourite is the photo of Laura in the very first spread which was taken using nothing more than natural window light and careful avoidance of Bruce’s model airplanes ;)
I was then off to Craighouse. This is my last wedding at Craighouse as it is being sold off at the end of the wedding season to a property developer. Craighouse will be missed by all Edinburgh wedding photographers, I’m sure. The current owners, Napier University, will continue offering weddings at a new venue over at Craiglockhart and I’m delighted to have been asked if they can keep me as one of their recommended wedding suppliers. So I’m looking forward to photographing a few weddings at the new venue in the future.
Laura and Bruce’s wedding was just fantastic! A lovely ceremony followed by a drinks reception seemed to go over so quickly and then we were doing their family group photos out on the balcony. Included is a Big Group photograph of all the family and guests which is always a treasured image. We did about half an hour or so with Laura and Bruce for their bride and groom session and then grabbed some informal pictures before it was time to be going in for their wedding breakfast.
Speeches, lots of fun capturing and many requests were easily accommodated as we headed towards their evening reception and the dancing. The Turmeau Hall at Craighouse is such a magnificent room and when the lights are lowered for the dancing has such a good atmosphere with its high ceiling and huge, ornate windows. The last two spreads show photos from their first dance followed by Laura’s father daughter dance. At the time of writing we are near to completion of their stunning Bellissimo storybook album. Page proofs of my first draft were sent through to the newly weds a little while ago and they have just emailed back with one or two amendments which I’ll have finished by end of this week. Then it will be off to the printers! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment