Thursday 17 May 2012

Million Dollar make-overs

First of all let me tell you that if you want to skip the reading and jump straight to the pictures you can click on the first picture and it will open up into a wee mini gallery where you can then scroll through all the photos without being bothered with having to read my ramblings. "Yay!" I here everyone cry! lol
Well things are still busy with me with all manner of different things going on just now. Most importantly of all are my weddings and if you enjoyed reading and looking at the sneak peek of Susan and Gordon’s wedding last week on the blog I can tell you that despite the fact that they are supposed to be on honeymoon they couldn’t wait to start selecting photographs for their album and so on Monday I received an email from the other side of the world with their list of chosen images. Yesterday I completed my first draft of their album pages and emailed across the proofs to them. They have ordered an absolutely gorgeous Bellissimo Storybook which is quite simply the finest wedding album in the world and the album of choice for Prince William and Kate Middleton. Sadly, for William and Kate theirs wasn’t designed by me so it won’t look quite as good as Susan and Gordon’s :O
I also photographed another beautiful wedding at Oxenfoord Castle on Saturday which I will blog next week. It really is a joy being an Edinburgh wedding photographer and doing what you love!
I’m also involved at the minute with putting together a very exciting Million Dollar Make-over photo experience. This is the perfect gift for some one you love! Pampered and a full make-over followed by a photo shoot. Not only does the recipient enjoy a million dollar experience but they look a million dollars and also get the photographs to remember it all including a beautiful A4 mounted print of their favourite. The images posted on the blog today are some promotional shots I did last week which you may spot around Edinburgh over the next few weeks as the promotion goes live. You can book a Million Dollar Make-over direct or purchase a Gift Voucher. Readers of my blog can get a 25% discount up until the end of the month.
I received an interesting email this week from a future bride who was on the internet researching for a wedding photographer in Edinburgh and she discovered another photographer’s website containing images from a wedding I had photographed. This is an occupational hazard for professional photographers posting images online and something I’ve had to deal with on numerous occasions over the years. When it first occurred I used to get rather annoyed and indignant but now I simply take the view that if another professional photographer is stealing my work then it must be pretty exceptional and I should be flattered. Anyway I think they may very well find that they have shot themselves in the foot as being in the same location as me there is a good chance they will be seen by someone locally who was actually at the wedding, knows the bride and groom and therefore knows who the photographer was. Usually the culprits have the sense to be working at opposite ends of the country to me! lol
One of Scotland’s leading wedding websites, Edinburgh Brides Wedding Guide, ran a competition last month for a free Engagement Shoot with Philip Hawkins Photography and the winner was drawn last week so keep an eye on the blog for some photographs from it in the next few weeks. I’ve also got several other Engagement shoots coming up too so delighted with that! This weekend I am off down to the Borders and the following weekend’s wedding is up in the Highlands. I really can’t decide which one I’m looking forward to most!

0 comments:

Post a Comment