Thursday 29 September 2011

Wedding news, rumours, Royal wedding dress


Things are hectic just now with lots going on and even more lots coming up (excuse the grammar, lol)! As we are approaching the end of summer traditionally the weddings start to slow down a little. It’s this time of year when I am able to accommodate more portrait sessions and photo shoots (so feel free to give me a call and check available times) and I’m also involved in doing some work for some of the Edinburgh wedding venues as they look to update websites and portfolio’s and bring out new brochures. I’ve been in a bunch of meetings this week with four top Edinburgh venue’s, and also two bridal shops, who are arranging for me to come in and do new photography for them. The first one is this Friday!

We are also approaching the autumn wedding fair season and there’s lots of new and exciting things coming up in readiness for that which I’ll tell you about in a minute. One question many folks keep asking me is what do I think will happen to Melville Castle? Well here is my official answer - "dunno". Okay, now for the rumours…The Aurora Group who currently have Melville Castle in their portfolio along with Airth Castle, Glenbervie and a couple of other new venues, will be releasing Melville very shortly. They only have 3 or 4 remaining weddings and then that’s them finished. Melville Castle will then return to the Haye family. Regarding future Melville Castle weddings at this point in time I am not sure what will happen but the rumour is that the Haye’s are looking to re-open the Castle as a Hotel again or at least a wedding venue. I believe Melville Castle is far too beautiful a place for it to go to waste so I’m quite optimistic I will be shooting weddings here again sometime soon.

Here’s some additional exciting news that is definitely not rumour! As you know I organise the Edinburgh Wedding Fair at the Hilton Edinburgh Hotel and the next event is October 16th. The brand new Kate Middleton replica Royal wedding dress will be featured in our fashion show! We are all really excited about this as the dress is creating huge excitement and this will be one of the first opportunities for future brides to see it. I was in the Pretty Woman bridal boutique just yesterday to see for myself that it is really true, lol. I have to say it does look absolutely stunning!

The Radio Forth Win Your Wedding winners have their wedding next Friday, October 7th, so check back in a couple of weeks to see their photographs from their Norton House Hotel wedding. Straight after that I will be at the Debenhams Wedding Weekend at Edinburgh’s Ocean Terminal Saturday the 8th and Sunday the 9th. The event is hosted by Debenhams and they invite along half a dozen "experts" from various other wedding sphere’s like flowers and arrangements, designer cakes, photography, etc. Apparently, I am the wedding photography 'expert' :) So I will have a range of different wedding albums and books, including the award winning 2011 Wedding Album of the Year, and I’ll be available to answer any wedding photography related questions. Although I am privileged to be the only Edinburgh wedding photographer at the weekend you are welcome to discuss any questions or subjects whether you book me for your wedding photography or not.

I have also had a few further meetings this week concerning the introduction of Philip Hawkins Photography courses, training and seminars in 2012. Things are shaping up nicely and details will be available soon. The Edinburgh Hilton Hotel are also in discussion with me about running Edinburgh Photography Weekends based at the Hilton. So I’ll be bringing more news about that fairly soon. I’ve had a few enquiries already about the photography courses so if you’d like to add your name to my email list you’ll be the first to receive details when everything is firmed up.

I know there’s only a couple of photographs this week but if you want to see one of my latest wedding Storybook slideshows click the link to take you to my Youtube channel.

0 comments:

Post a Comment