Monday 15 March 2010

Flying Focus and folks planning weddings

Busy week for me last week, and an even busier one this week, lol. I went down to Focus on Imaging last week in Birmingham. If you’ve never heard of this it is the biggest trade show in the photographic industry and its held every year at the NEC in Birmingham. All the leading suppliers to the photography industry are there as well as the main album manufacturers and a host of other companies too.


For a wedding photographer in Edinburgh it’s not exactly local lol, but I managed to track down a couple of cheap flights which worked out less than what it would cost me in petrol if I’d driven down. If you want the really cheap flights you have to be prepared to travel at the off peaks times, which for me were early in the morning and late at night. So it was dark when I left and dark when I got back, as you can see in the photos :o

I flew down with BMI baby and it was super smooth and the most beautiful morning imaginable! Coming home in the evening I was with Flybe. The thing I love about Flybe is not only are they cheap, but their planes are so rickety it makes the flight incredibly exciting! Our engine must have conked out about five times, several hundred rivets went apopping from the wings and it was touch and go whether or not the wheels would come down on the undercarriage before touching down. I cant wait for the next trip!

A full day at Focus on Imaging enabled me to get around all the equipment and album manufacturers I wanted and also take in a couple of seminars. Its important to me to check that my own product and album range remains at the fore front of wedding photography and also assess the latest products and releases as well as try them out for quality and longevity. I also needed to check and try some equipment, too.

We are going to be adding a Portrait Booth to our services this year with on-site printing which we are really looking forward to and already have bookings coming in for it. So Focus on Imaging gave me the opportunity to try out some mobile lighting set-ups and decide which ones were going to be most suitable for the venue’s we will be working. All in all I had a great time and it proved to be very productive.


I’ve also been fitting in several meetings with couples whom I met at last weekends wedding fair and getting things organised for a wedding open evening this Wednesday at the Queensferry Hotel. So if you are looking for a wedding photographer in Scotland come along for a chat. We have weddings this coming weekend at the Minto Hotel on Saturday and Dalhousie Castle on Sunday, so I’m looking forward to them very much. No doubt I’ll tell you about them later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment