Monday 4 January 2010

New website's for 2010


Well 2010 is here! 2009 was certainly action packed for me starting off the year with my smallest ever wedding of four people and concluding the year with a wedding of 5000! Okay, that might be a slight exaggeration, lol! I have a strong feeling 2010 is going to be bigger and better than ever!

Photography wise I’ve been busy making a few changes. My main website is now completely wedding oriented and I’ve launched a new, separate website for portraits, although this does also include wedding photographs too. The central changes to my main website is more wedding information, which includes full price list as well as album pricing and details, a Testimonial page containing a few quotes from my thank you cards and letters and a News page which will be regularly updated with the latest news, events, promotional offers, etc. There are now five dedicated wedding galleries, one containing a selection of images from several weddings and then four real life weddings. As you know I frequently advocate that bride and grooms see several real weddings when looking for a photographer in order to establish consistency of quality, something all the bridal magazine stress the importance of too, so four real life weddings will allow visitors to the site to do this online and compare the quality of my photography against the other leading wedding photographers in Edinburgh.

I hope the Photographer Edinburgh website complements my main photography site. There is an exclusive bridal portrait gallery accompanied by a Baby gallery and a Children’s portrait gallery. I also have a Pet gallery to upload in the next few days, too. My First Year Baby Storybook package is proving really popular and I’ve got several bookings coming in for 2010. It’s an innovative idea spawned from my Storybook wedding photography. A baby’s first year, photographically anyway, is probably its most important as they grow and change so much and so quickly. So just as with my storybook wedding photography which chronicles the unfolding of a wedding day photo-journalistically and then is collated into a pictorial storybook record, I do about four different photo sessions throughout the baby’s first year culminating with their first birthday party, and then I’ll work with the mum and dad and design a First Year Storybook album ensuring that those precious and un-repeatable memories are captured and recorded forever.

If you get chance to take a look I would appreciate any feedback on either or both of my websites, whether it be good or bad. I’m always available to meet up for a personal consultation with anyone looking for a good wedding photographer but I’m also going to be out on the road a couple of times during January at the Queensferry Hotel wedding afternoon on the 17th and also at the Melville Castle wedding fayre on the 31st. As an aside…Melville Castle also has a new website, which although (like mine, lol) is not fully complete it is live online. It has a great selection of really cool wedding photographs shot at Melville Castle by this guy called Philip Hawkins. I believe he has also done the main wedding photography for their forthcoming brochure too, ;) Melville Castle's new website.

Anyway, you can use the contact page on either of my websites or drop me an email with any comments on the new site look. If you can send links to anyone you know too that would be great. And remember I’ll be regularly updating the News and Events.

0 comments:

Post a Comment