Monday 2 March 2009

Melville Castle Wedding Show

Well we're into March and one step closer to summer and the main wedding season. I spent a lot of time last week at the computer working on album design. I finished Morag and Iain's wedding album which is now printed up and ready for their return from honeymoon, and also a couple of commercial albums too.

Yesterday I was back at Melville Castle exhibiting at their wedding show, which went beautifully. I've been the main recommended wedding photographer for Melville Castle for the last 4 or 5 years, so I've shot many weddings there and also done the photography for some of their brochures and albums over the years, and it really is a pleasure working at such a stunning venue. One of my most enjoyable weekends of last year was in August when I shot weddings 3 days in a row at Melville Castle; Friday, Saturday and Sunday. On the Saturday I actually had all three brides there at the same time for a short period. Fridays bride and groom were packing their car for the journey home, Saturdays bride and groom had just been married, and Sundays bride and groom arrived to check in. Saturday and Sunday's bride and grooms ended up buying each other drinks at the bar down stairs!

Set up time for the Wedding Show was 10am so I arrived early enough to set up then pop up the road to Costa Coffee for some breakfast. There were a few exhibitors in the foyer and lobby of the castle, but I was exhibiting in the castles grand Ballroom along with Ivory White Events who specialize in event decoration, Edinburgh Blush make up, FK One videography and of course I managed to get close to the designer wedding cake company Too Good To Eat!

Visitor numbers to the show were excellent all through the afternoon and I had a good time discussing forthcoming weddings and perusing albums and StoryBooks with excited brides, grooms and mothers. Again, the indications are that 2010 is going to be a popular year to get married. I've got around 20 or so Wedding Photography Information Packs to send out today and then once they've had a chance to read through them I'll go out and visit the couple at home for a more personal chat.

The next wedding show at Melville Castle is the first Sunday of April so if you get chance to come along and say hello I'd love to see you. Check Melville Castles website for further info: http://www.melvillecastlehotel.com/
There's also a selection of photographs from Melville Castle weddings in my main Wedding Gallery on my website.




0 comments:

Post a Comment