Tuesday 27 January 2009

Gallery Prints

The start of 2009 see's the launch of my Gallery Prints. These are the latest generation display prints set to replace Canvas Wraps and Acryllics. Our ProLab has just installed the first Chromira printer in the country which produces the highest standard image resolution in the industry. So we're pretty excited about being able to supply our clients with the highest quality display prints available. So the first few days of January saw me selecting images to make up as samples. There is basically going to be two categories...landscapes which will sell from my website, and Gallery Prints for my wedding clients.

For the landscape sample I decided to use my Skye Cuillins from Strome Castle image.

This is my biggest selling image and is quite well known throughout Scotland for its numerous magazine appearances and gallery sales. It was first produced and distributed by the publishers Edinburgh Art who wanted to produce a range of twelve of my photographs as fine art prints. Over the years this picture has out sold all the other eleven, and a couple of new ones that have been added along the way, by four times.

For the launch of my Gallery Prints, however, I decided to tweak the picture and use a unique black and white conversion process I've recently been experimenting with. As you can see the result is pretty cool!


For the wedding sample I decided to use a great shot from the wedding of Liz and Bruce a few months ago at Melville Castle. The old historical castle provides a superb backdrop for bride and grooms getting married there, but to create the dramatic background of this image I needed to get in fairly close to Liz and Bruce with a wide angle lens and lie prone on the floor looking up at them so the character of the castle would be exagerrated as it loomed behind them. I then colour touched Liz and Bruce and turned the background to black and white.

We printed this one off at 30" x 20", which is fairly large, and looks spectacular when hung! Gallery Prints are laminated, lacquered then mounted to foamex and heat sealed, making them incredibly light weight yet with solid, rigid protection. Hence, they can be hung without a frame giving the effect they are floating just off the surface of the wall.


Anyway, all the samples and mailings are finally ready. All I have to do now is update all the prints and prices on my website. Yikes! I better cracking!

0 comments:

Post a Comment